Thursday, September 11, 2008

Sept.11

Morning Meeting-The Letter on the Bus interactive song-Each student got a little bus with a letter on it. We sang this song for each letter "The letter on the bus says __,__,__ repeat then ___ is it's name."
Specials-We had art with Mrs. Karg. After art, the kids said they looked in a mirror to draw their face and they did rubbings.
Read Aloud-The Three Little Pigs
Shared Reading-Jack and Jill
Reading Project-Scenery and puppets for the 3 pigs story. After reading the story one time. I used puppets to retell the story. Then the students helped me retell the story using puppets. We then made our own scenery for the puppet show. We talked about all of the parts needed for our show (3 houses-1 straw house, 1 stick house, 1 brick house). Then, after lunch, we made the stick puppets to go with our scenery. When our puppets and scenery were complete each student picked a spot in the room either alone or with a partner to retell the story using their puppets. It was lots of fun! I took some pictures. We have some great story tellers in our room-I heard different voices for different characters. After we were finished we read another version of The Three Little Pigs and compared both stories.
***Please have your child retell the story to you using their puppets and scenery. We talked about making changes to the story and telling it their own way. They were very excited to bring home their puppet play.
Math-Listen and Count-We first practiced writing our numbers on white board paddles from 1-10. Then we took our links and put them in our cup one by one and while listening to them we counted them. Then we wrote the number on our white board. We sorted them by colors and counted each color individually and wrote that number on our white boards. At the end of the lesson, we took two colors and made a simple addition problem.

*I have been taking lots of pictures since school started and am hoping to update my website with new pictures.
*I will be sending home my Kindergarten Updates by paper and linking it to my webpage.
*My calendar is also now linked to my webpage. So far I just have September's dates up on the web. Check it out

1 comment:

raynamom said...

Rayna was very excited to tell me the story of the 3 Little Pigs with her puppets and mat. It turned out super cute!! Have a great weekend!